Passion For Fashion, is what my blog says about me.

For me fashion is not about the brand, it's about the person who designs it. Have we ever really thought about When , Why , What, that made the designer who they are today. The Answer is no not really, because its more about the brand name on it, and what's hot in fashion now . I believe behind every designer, there is an amazing story on their road success in the fashion industry.

My Name is Rosina ,
I am a trend setter and appointed fashion editor for #HBD101 & handbag designers JLang,Katherine Kwei & Monica Botkier On Polyvore.
Who are HBD101, you may ask , The HBDNetwork is a first-of-its-kind collective and resource including one of the largest databases of international handbag designers in the world. As the authority on discovering and exposing talent, the HBDNetwork also matches designers with retailers to host collaborations and other exciting for-sale related programs. With the multiple B2B and B2C properties including Handbag Designer 101, The Independent Handbag Designer Awards, the HBD101 Store, HBDWorkshops and HBDWebinars.





Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Fashion world awaits you Simoelle

http://www.etsy.com/shop/simoelle

Jeweled belt buckle with precious python skin belt

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing in my view Italy’s next hottest women’s accessory designer Simoelle. I am convinced once you see her designs, you too will agree. Simoelle has designed and created one of a kind belt buckles, which I’ve never seen before, from only the finest of natural stone adorned with high quality crystals and beads. Her belts are made out of phython leather. It was my pleasure to interview Simoelle, and to really get to know this very talented designer. I hope after reading this interview, you will check out her exquisite belts at her etsy store.



*Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background? What are your general professional and non-professional interests?


I was born in Italy, in a town near Perugia where I still live. I'm a law graduate and I'm a civil lawyer (but as a child I always loved the art and in particular the architecture. In my family and in those of my mother and my father there are many people with artistic talent. My brother is a theatrical designer.
In my spare time I love reading (reading for me is dreaming with open eyes), taking pictures, listening to the music, traveling the world.


*What does fashion mean to you?


I think I inherited from my mother the taste for beautiful things and fashion sense. I love fashion, but I'm not a very fashionista, because I like to mix classic pieces with unique and special accessories (bags, shoes, belts, jewels, hats ...



*Describe your designs and buckles.


The belts that I make reflect this my way of thinking. They are unique and original pieces that can transform any outfit and can make every woman feel special. Certainly my belts (or more precisely my buckles) are items that will not go unnoticed, they can be worn with jeans or a simple black dress.



*How long does it usually take you to construct a piece?


Usually I employed several hours to make a buckle : first I choose the stone that I want to use, especially agates, (my choice is very much influenced by the color of the stone), then I design the shape that I want to give to the buckle and I cut a steel plate with that shape, then I put together the chosen stone with round gemstone beads, glass pearls, faceted glass crystals, sparkly rhinestone chatons ... I like to combine raw and natural stones with faceted crystal and swarovski beads. Finally I choose the belt (I adore python skin)



*Where can readers buy your belt buckles?


Readers can my buy my belts at
http://www.etsy.com/shop/simoelle

Simoelle, I want to take this time to thank you for this interview, and for taking time out of your busy schedule. I wish you all the best in your new adventure, and I look forward to seeing your amazing belt buckles on the pages of our fashion magazines.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you dear for your passage to "MaMaison"and compliments to Simoelle for his great productions.
    Have a good day :-)
    AnnaP

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Anna Paula, Simoelle will be so happy. I will be doing a post soon, on christmas gifts from Italy and also from an amazing Italian photographer, I am so excited. Have a glorious day,

    ReplyDelete