Passion For Fashion, is what my blog says about me.

For me fashion is not about the brand, it's about the person who designs it. Have we ever really thought about When , Why , What, that made the designer who they are today. The Answer is no not really, because its more about the brand name on it, and what's hot in fashion now . I believe behind every designer, there is an amazing story on their road success in the fashion industry.

My Name is Rosina ,
I am a trend setter and appointed fashion editor for #HBD101 & handbag designers JLang,Katherine Kwei & Monica Botkier On Polyvore.
Who are HBD101, you may ask , The HBDNetwork is a first-of-its-kind collective and resource including one of the largest databases of international handbag designers in the world. As the authority on discovering and exposing talent, the HBDNetwork also matches designers with retailers to host collaborations and other exciting for-sale related programs. With the multiple B2B and B2C properties including Handbag Designer 101, The Independent Handbag Designer Awards, the HBD101 Store, HBDWorkshops and HBDWebinars.





Monday, September 12, 2011

Sentieri Preziosi America welcomes You.

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing a very talented jewelry designer from Italy, Serena Giglio, the woman behind the inspiration, and work of art of her amazing jewelry collection Sentieri preziosi. Serena shared with me, her love of fashion, and what inspired her designs. I hope you enjoy this interview and check out her jewelry collection at www.Sentieripreziosi.it  you won't be disappointed.




*Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background? What are your general professional and non-professional interests?
I come from Naples. I am the first of 3 sisters and I lived in the suburban of Naples during my childhood, reserving by then great attention to every type of art (music, fashion, ballet, etc.)
*What does fashion mean to you?
In my opinion Fashion is the sense of identity, the own original style, sometimes, also the own way to speak and move. Fashion is the communication to the others – in every way – of ones own personality.
*How would you define your city's fashion?
Now, in the city where I live, fashion is the mix of culture and style, because Rome is really a cosmopolitan city
*When did you realize you wanted to become a jewelry designer?
During a trip to Istanbul. Walking through its streets abundant of jewelry shops, full of colored stones and crystals.
*What was the first article of jewelry you ever designed?
A necklace with an ancient African coin assembled with rubies.
*How does designing jewelry differ from designing clothes?
In general, I don’t think that there is a great difference. A beautiful cloth can communicate sensations, emotions so as an artistic jewel. Both become a form of art when emotionalize the others.
*How long does it usually take you to construct a piece?
Sometimes weeks. Depends on the periods … in this period I am particularly inspired and I’d like to transform immediately my ideas in jewels to capture the blink.
*Who is one of your favorite local models to work with?
Sure my cousin Stefania e my friend Maria Teresa, for their Mediterranean colors and for their strong personality.
*Describe the general process you go through to design and realize a piece of jewelry.
I chose the materials, realize the design and establish the proportions. Then, my colleagues make the archetype and then the final creation with gold, silver and only natural stones.
*Who are some of your favorite designers?
Bulgari, Van Cleef, Boucheron (remember that I realize jewels, not bijoux… and so It is logical that I love the Great jewelers of the Past).
*Where can readers buy your jewelry?
By web site, fixing an appointment with me, at Grazia Chic Boutique (the Exedra Hotel Boutique).
*How long have you worked as a designer?
As a jeweler, 4 years… but I was born a designer… I designed my clothes when I was child, my bags, and my entire world, because I  hate the imitation and the omologation .
Thank you Serena, for taking time away from your busy schedule to share this with me, it was truly a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment